Saturday, January 2, 2010

A journal entry from the night after New Years.

(It also happened to be the peak point of me using big words to sound smart. Now it's more like the most unrewarding puzzle of coding known to the blogosphere.)

-----
A series of stock characters have filled the friend roles in my own, personally directed performance of life. Funny how delicate a few words can make life seem. Just another beguiling aspect of the manipulative nature of our prison of language.

Yesterday, a specific character, one of the fresh coming of age sorts just opening their mind's eye to the labyrinth of love, was being blinded by her aurora of motley emotions. A bittersweet symphony epitomized her feeling in the back of my mind as she vocally sang along her agitation. As the tune's vibrato subsided, I came to the realization that my input lied just beyond the final measure. Shit.

Thankfully, I came up with an analogy for my young friend. I really do appreciation the Greeks for propelling this literary device epochs ago. Without it, an unfathomable amount of points would have been lost in translation from one incomprehensible being to another. Their salad's good too.
The analogy went like this (keep in mind the mood was still vivacious from the previous opus):

You can't plant your feet in the current of time.
You gotta flow with it! Dance with it! Float with
it!..Because that current is leading you downstream
to a sea of happiness!

& half the fun is getting there

A smirk grew across her face, and for the moment there was a bliss, a harmony. I'm not so bold as to label it a "rebirth," though given the time it might have been appropriate. She concurred with a fortified hope in her voice, "happy new year."

No comments:

Post a Comment